Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Reflection of You...

I shared this on my Facebook page yesterday and just thought I'd add a little bit to it...

A few days ago, my sons and I took a trip to a Christian bookstore. My 7 year old son, Joseph, loves to read and a new book is like Christmas to him. He also loves to write (my son indeed) and is very good at his craft. Well, I told him that he could pick out one book and one activity. He chose a book entitled "What Will Heaven Be Like?" and couldn't wait to get to the car and crack it open. Being a parent that likes to mix entertainment and education, I told Joey I wanted him to write me a book report once he finished reading his new book. "OK, but you'll have to wait until Sunday" he said. Don't ask me why Sunday...


Well, this evening Joey was so excited to hand me his report he'd worked so diligently on. It was very colorful and illustrated with pictures. It brought a smile to my face as I read it, so I thought I'd share it with you...just as he wrote it:

"Jesus said this house is like a mansion with many rooms and that we'll live in a wonderful place. He's working on it all right now. heaven is sutch a bright and happy place we won't even need the sun. I'm glad Jesus is my very best friend. Jesus won't ever move away because he lives in our heart. God has been planning heaven for a long time...........we need him. Happy Mothers Day!"

How sweet is that?! Maybe I'm a bit biased, but it warmed my heart. The bible tells us to train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it (Proverbs 22:6). As a mother, the best thing I can share with my children is my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

As mothers, it is so important that we instill the right values, principles and morals into our children during their impressionable years and not allow society to impress immorality upon our babies.  It's not enough to tell our children right from wrong, but we must be examples.  Children recreate more of what they see than what they hear.  Ask yourself what type of example am I setting for my children?  What do my children see me doing?  What do my children hear me saying? 

As Christians, we are God's children and His spirit dwells within us which makes us a reflection of Him; so are our children a reflection of who we are.  There's no better person than your own child to show you who you really are.

Happy Mother's Day!

Til we meet again...

Live more...worry less...laugh often!

Your sister in Christ,
Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!