Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Simply Grateful

Today I am grateful.  Not that I'm ungrateful on other days, but today my heart is exuding gratefulness.  Ever since I awoke this morning, Thank You Lord, has been on my lips.  It's not because of any one thing in particular, but for the simple fact that God is faithful.  He continues to prove Himself to me time and time again.

He's so good.
He's so merciful.
He's so understanding.
He's so compassionate.
He's so loving.
He's so forgiving.
He's so sweet.
He's so caring.

And He's been, and continues to be, all of that to me.  I love Him so much. 

Whenever I find myself wanting to complain about particular things not being the way I want them to be, I think about how good God has been to me.  I think about how in spite of all the times I was clearly worthy to be harshly punished, He was merciful towards me.  I consider how he took my sin-stained soul, and made it white as snow.  I ponder on all the times He was there for me, loving me, when I turned my back to Him.  I get lost in worship when I look back over my life and see how He saved me from a life of self-destruction, and gave me purpose.  When I think of where I could have been...my, my, my.

I can't help but be grateful.  I can't help but to lift my hands in praise, and my heart in worship.  I can't help but cry and give God thanks.  He's such an awesome God!

I'm sure that if you'd just take a moment to think about it, you'd be grateful to.

No, life may not always be going the way you want it to.  You will face hard times, and weak moments.  But in the midst of all that you go through, God is yet faithful.  He's yet good.  He's yet worthy.  He yet cares for you. 

Take your mind off of whatever situations you may be facing today, and give God thanks for your life.  Don't worry about what you don't have, what's not working out, or what's going wrong.  Just tell Him, Lord, I thank you for my life.

You know, something that I've learned along life's journey is that despite how gruesome personal situations may seem, things could always be worse.  For that alone, we should be grateful.

Go ahead and give God a grateful praise!

Til next time...

Love you for real,
Keisha

Here's a song to meditate on...enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!