Monday, June 13, 2011

I Desire More

Today I cried. 

I sat in the middle of my bed, and I cried until there were no tears left.  What's wrong?  Nothing at all.  So why was I crying if nothing's wrong?  Let me tell you...

You see, lately I've been in a really strange place.  I've felt a void; some kind of emptiness, and I couldn't quite figure out why.  I mean, I have the Lord, my husband, our children...I'm satisfied.  So where did this hollow place come from?  Why was I feeling like something was missing in my life?  Why did I feel like I needed more?  And more of what?

After spending some time in prayer, God revealed some things to me.  What it all boiled down to is that the regular, mundane, routine encounters I've been experiencing with the Lord are simply no longer fulfilling to me.  My spiritual appetite has greatly increased, and my normal spiritual meal just isn't enough.

This morning as I sat in silence, I began to pray.  What started as my normal daily communication with God shifted into a brand new encounter with Him.  I recall saying over and over again, "Lord, I need more of You...give me more of You."   The more I said it, the more I felt His presence engulfing my entire being.  With tears pouring from my eyes, I became completely lost in Him.  Wow!  Talk about an experience.

Even when the tears were no longer flowing, I still felt as if God had sat me in His lap, wrapped me tightly in His arms, and was saying, "Here...take all of me."   It took me a good minute to come out of that moment, and although that was hours ago, I can still feel His presence in my room.  Needless to say, I feel whole today.  My cup is indeed running over.

I think there comes a point in all of our lives when the ordinary just won't do anymore.  That's definitely where I am.  In those times, we should seek and desire more of God.  There is nothing more fulfilling than His presence.  Oftentimes, when we feel a void in our lives, we tend to think that we need to fill it with tangible things.  But sometimes it's our spiritual appetite that desires more nurturing; more of God's word; more of God's presence; more prayer time; more worship.

I don't know about you, but normalcy with God is out of the picture.  God wants us to have so much more of Him.  Do you desire more?

Til next time...

Love you for real,
Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!