Tuesday, January 17, 2012

God's Perfect Love

Yesterday was such a special day for me.  I officially put on my entrepreneur hat, and launched my new business.  I consider it to be a very monumental moment in my life; one that I will hold dear to my heart for the rest of my days.  With my husband Jeremy away at work, the kids and I celebrated mommy's moment by dancing around to fun music and piggin' out on cupcakes from our favorite bakery.  We had tons of fun, and a huge sugar rush!

The outpour of love and well wishes was completely overwhelming, and tremendously blessed my heart.  It's a wonderful feeling to know that you are loved and supported.  It was indeed a joy-filled day.

At the end of the night as I lay my head on my soft, oversized pillow, emotions hit me like a ton of bricks.  When I should have been closing my eyes to fall asleep, I instead closed them and envisioned myself falling at Jesus' feet.  In that moment, tears streamed down my face as I gave Him worship, thanks, and praise for all of His goodness, grace, and mercy towards me. 

Despite the ugliness of my past, and all of the times I failed Him, He has never waivered in His faithfulness towards me. Of all of the times I gave up on myself, He never gave up on me. He never let me go; never let me permanently fall; never allowed me to self-destruct.  I often wonder, Who am I that He is so mindful of me? (Psalm 8:4)  In fact, as I spent time with the Lord last night, I asked Him that very question - Lord, why are you so mindful of me? 

He answered me and said:

I am so mindful of you because you are my daughter.  I created you fearfully and wonderfully, and you are my gem, my jewel, the apple of my eye.  You are my workmanship; a beautiful masterpiece, unblemished in my sight, deserving of my best. I am mindful of you simply because I love you.


How sweet is that! My Heavenly Father's perfect love for me truly made my heart smile. 

Whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever you're facing, however you feel, know that the Father loves you unconditionally, and you're always on His mind and His heart.  When He looks at you He doesn't see your mistakes, your past, your shortcomings, your guilt, or your flaws, but He sees you as His beautiful creation crafted by His perfect hands.  Isn't that amazing?!

Sure enough, on our own, we are all but filthy rags undeserving of such perfect love, but thanks be to God for the innocent blood of Jesus Christ that presents us faultless and deems us worthy before the Father.

Bask in the Father's perfect love for you, my sister.

~May you live in His love.~



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!