Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Process Is Necessary

If you watched my last video blog then you know my family is currently moving to a new home.  While I am extremely excited about how the Lord has blessed us, I have found myself grumbling about the tiring process of moving from one place to the other.  Anyone who has ever moved knows that moving is no fun, and having small children makes it quite challenging at times.

With my husband working long hours and most weekends, I've taken on the responsibility of sorting and boxing up everything.  I thought it'd be a fairly easy task since I initially had three weeks to pace myself and get everything done.  That is, until my husband came home two nights ago to tell me that moving had to be completed before the end of this week, because for next two weeks he has no time off.  There goes my plan to pace myself!

Yesterday, I thought I would go insane!  While trying to get things done, the kids seemed to be extra clingy.  Everytime I'd walk outside of my 6-month old's sight, he'd scream to the top of his lungs.  My toddler set a new record for the amount of times the words ma, mommy, or mama could be used in a 10 minute time frame.  And the hold music playing in my ear from every company I called to have all of our services transferred had become beyond annoying.  In my frustration I yelled out in the best whiny voice I could make,"I hate this process!!!!!"

I immediately heard the Lord say, just as He had said a few days prior, "Without the process, there'd be no progress."  He's right...as always. In order to transition from one place to the next, in any area of life, there is first a process you must go through.  And although I'm not very fond of the moving process, I know that once I get through it, I will be able to enjoy the wonderful blessing He's given to my family.

The process of becoming who the Lord wants you to be can sometimes be one of the hardest things to endure, but every pain; every tear; every sleepless night; every heartache; every heartbreak; every loss; every ounce of persecution; every struggle; it's all a part of God progressing you into your rightful place in Him.

I have tons of work to do, and though there's so much more the Lord has shown me through this moving process, I'm going to save it for another post and cut this short.  I'm leaving you with the NLT version of 1 Peter 5:10 to help you as you endure whatever process the Lord is taking you through right now.  It says, "In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation."

Til next time...may you live in His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!