Friday, March 25, 2011

It's All About Purpose

I am a very private person.  I am not one to openly share things going on in my personal life.  I guess I am one of those people that believes my business is my business...good or bad.  I have opened up to maybe two people about the inner me...my struggles, my secrets, my shame, my pain, my flaws.  And for me, that is pushing it.  I am a true introvert.

When I embraced my gift to write, it amazed me that God would lead me to be so open.  I could not believe that He would direct me to share particular truths about my life. My skeletons; my deepest, darkest secrets.  Clearly God had lost all of his marbles.

There have been, and still are, times when I'm preparing to write for EEW or the blog, that I flat out tell God "I'm NOT sharing that! Give me something else."  And you know what happens?  I end up staring at a blank screen, with a blank mind until I give over and allow God to speak exactly what He wants to speak through me.  Guess God said He'll show me who's boss!

I had to realize that my life is not my own, and when it comes to operating in purpose you must be willing to die to self and give over fully to the Holy Spirit.  When I vowed that I would say YES to God's will for my life, and give myself away to Him, I meant it.  That means where ever He leads, no matter how uncomfortable or apprehensive I may be, I must follow.  Because it's not about me at all, but it's all for God's glory.  So, if being open and sharing my life is what God requires of me, then so be it.  As long as I know I am led by the Holy Spirit, I have absolutely nothing to fear.

Walking in purpose often leads us into uncomfortable territory, but we can always find comfort in knowing that Our Father will never lead us down a path that will hurt us. Not to say that we won't feel pain and discomfort along the way, but as long as we are in His will, we are safe.

Don't be afraid to use what ever gift God has given you in whatever capacity He sees fit.  It may not be the way you envisioned using it; however, God's way is always the best way. It's all about purpose.

Though I'm still not always comfortable with being so vulnerable and transparent, I know that this is what God requires of me in order to fulfill His purpose for my life.  I realize that there are lives that need to be touched by the ability God gives me to be real about things I've experienced in my life.  And if someone's life will change for the better because of what God has brought me through, then for me it's all worth it.

Commit your ways to the Lord and let Him have full control in every area of your life. You won't regret it.

Til we meet again...live, laugh, love!

Peace & Blessings,
Keisha

1 comment:

  1. As read your post, I was nodding in agreement. As an introvert pulling back the cover of my life is never easy. But oh so needful.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!