Friday, May 6, 2011

Don't Throw Away Your Plate

About an hour ago, my son Jaxon and I were having lunch.  I dirifted off into my own little world, and though I could see him, he really didn't have my full attention.  Then suddenly my daze was broken when I heard the sound of liquid being poured.  Jaxon was pouring his blue juice on top of his french fries as if it were ketchup.

"Noooo, don't do that!" I exclaimed as I jumped up from my chair.

 "Now your fries are all nasty. Ewwww!"  I laughed with my little buddy who seemed unphased by what he'd just done. 

When I picked up his plate to throw his food away, he had a fit. "Nooooo! Miiiiiine! Mommyyyyyy!" He yelled while kicking his feet.

"Ok, ok. Fine, but I wouldn't eat that if I were you." He looked at me as if he were thinking Well you're not me, so give me my food and let me eat it. 

He proceeded to pick up a fry after I poured the juice off and returned his plate, and I looked at him and said, "That's so nasty, Jaxon."  He took a bite of his blue juiced fry, shook his head from side to side and said, "Mmmmm!"

I cracked up laughing! And he ate every piece of food that was on his plate.

He was convinced that despite my opinion about his food, he was going forth in completing his meal.

As I sat finishing up my lunch, and continued laughing at my hilarious son, I thought about a lesson we could all learn from him.

When it comes to carrying out assignments that we know the Lord has given us and walking in His purpose for our lives, we should not allow the opinion of others to deter us and cause us to throw away what the Lord has placed in our hearts.

If you are confident in what's on your plate, no matter how crazy or unappealing it may appear to others, then go forth in completing your assignment.  There will be those who will say, "Girl, I wouldn't do that if I were you."  But guess what?  They aren't you. 

Your God-ordained purpose is specifically seasoned just for you.  It matters not what the next man thinks, but only what God has given you to do.

Don't let anyone convince you to walk away from or second guess your purpose.  Instead, stay connected to the Father and stick to your own convictions.  Your plate isn't supposed to be to the liking of others, but for the glory of God.

Til we meet again...live, laugh, love!

Peace & Blessings,
Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!