Monday, November 7, 2011

It Won't Kill You




Lately, I’ve noticed that I’m crossing paths with a lot of women who remind me so much of the broken woman I used to be. On separate recent occasions, I offered a listening heart to three young ladies experiencing serious turbulence in their lives. Though their situations are different, their feelings towards the turmoil in their lives are the same. They are weary, and worn by fighting what seems to be a constant losing battle. As I conversed with them individually, there was one statement they each made that united them in my heart – “This will be the death of me.” Here were three women who sincerely love the Lord, and whose whole lives are still ahead of them, ready to throw in the towel and give up on life. 

But I couldn’t judge them. I empathized with them, and my heart ached each time I heard or read those words, because I once felt the same way. I knew exactly how they felt.

Read the rest over at my bi-weekly Inspiration Column in  EEW Magazine, and share your thoughts. While you're visiting EEW, be sure to check out all of the wonderful articles written with you in mind.

~May you live in His love.~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!