Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pray, Praise, and Press

I've been sick all week.  Stomach ache, headache, cold sweats, no energy, hot flashes...I don't know WHAT was going on.  Today is the first day since Sunday that I've been able to go about things as usual.  I'm not feeling 100%, but I am definitely feeling a lot better. 

After a full day of an excrutiating migraine that had me near tears, I reached the point where I just couldn't take it anymore.  I had to do something, and since none of the medicine that was suggested by my doctor seemed to help, I decided to turn to The Doctor who has the cure for all things.

Late last night, while my family was sleeping, I pulled myself up to the sitting position and began to pray.  After I prayed, I powered up my laptop, put my earphones in my ear, and played my favorite gospel mix. I had myself a good ol' time...just me and Jesus.

I gave myself two options -- I could continue to lay there and wallow in my pain, or I could pray, praise, and press my way through it.  I chose the latter, and because I did, I woke up this morning with renewed strength.

I think that's the stance we should take with the issues of life.  Painful seasons are inevitable; we will all have our fair share.  But just because you're stricken with pain - whether physical, spiritual, or emotional - does not mean you have to just lay there and allow it to overtake you.  You have options.

You can pray, praise, press your way through any situation you're faced with.  No, it may not necessarily make your pain go away, but it will definitely give you the strength and wherewithal to get through it.  The enemy would love to see you drown in helplessness, hopelessness, and self-pity, but that should be all the more reason to not allow yourself to give him the satisfaction.  That's when you should reach down within your soul and tap into the power given to you by the Greater One, and declare that no weapon will prosper in taking your joy, your peace, or your life.

You and I have been empowered to conquer every situation that occurs in our lives.  The way to activate that power lies in our ability to press into prayer and praise, and invoke the presence of the Lord even when we're hurting.

Let your mind rise above your discomfort, and pray, praise, and press through it. You'll feel so much better.


"Rejoice always, pray continually..." 1 Thessalonians 5:16:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!