Wednesday, April 18, 2012

He Loved You and Chose You...

Hi blog family!

I'm on a bit of a hiatus, taking some time to focus my attention on some things the Lord put on my heart concerning another level of ministry and other life changes.  I don't know if it's because I'm only weeks away from entering a new chapter of my life - my 30s - but I felt an urge to take a step back to reflect, refresh, and refuel.  I can't really explain what God is doing in my life right now, but He's further shaping me into the vessel He created me to be so that I will continue to carry out His mind-blowing plan for my life.

So if you don't see me around Facebook or Twitter, or here on the blog, just know that all is well and I am pressing into the presence of the Lord as He equips me to be used for His glory.

Right now, I'm stopping through to share a quick word of encouragement with you.

It comes from Ephesians 1:4-5 (NLT).  It says, "Even before He made the world, God loved us and chose in Christ to be holy and without fault in His eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure."  

I want you to know that long before the creation of the world, God knew you, He loved you, and He chose you.  Long before you were ever conceived in your mother's womb, the Lord loved you and chose you as His own.  He already knew about the mistakes you'd make, yet He loved you.  He already knew about the struggles you'd have, yet He still chose you. He already knew you'd slip up and fall down, yet it still gave Him great pleasure to love you and have you as His child.

I don't know who this is for, but know that God's love for you is not contingent upon how good you are, how pretty you are, how educated you are, how wealthy you are, or any other quality you may or may not possess...it is an unconditional, uncircumstantial, untainted, perfect love.  There's nothing you can do to gain it, and there's nothing you can do to lose it, because nothing can separate you from His love.  God loves you; in all of your imperfection, He chose you.  Why?  Simply because that's what He wanted to do.

Through the blood of His son Jesus Christ, He sees you faultless...a perfect reflection of Himself.  He loves you with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3).

In your pain...God loves you.

In your shame...God loves you.

In your insecurities...God loves you.

In your guilt...God loves you.

In your mistakes...God loves you.

In your brokenness...God loves you.

And there's nothing you can do about it...embrace the Father's love for you.

~May you live in His love.~




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!