Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Your Pain Won't Last Always




A few weeks ago I was clearing out a closet as my family prepared for a move, and I came across a handbag that I’d totally forgotten I owned.  I was so excited, because I remember it being one of my favorites.  I felt like I had found a hidden treasure!  I even did my little happy dance to celebrate my awesome find!  When I opened it up to see what was inside, I discovered something else I’d forgotten about – a journal.  “Wow! I haven’t seen this in forever” I said to myself.  I couldn’t remember the last time I’d written in that particular journal, so I was curious to find out what was inside.  I sat in the middle of the empty closet and began to read.

I read the first entry, dated May 27, 2008, and immediately began to weep.  I’ll share it with you…

Today is a very emotional day for me.  I’m feeling extremely melancholy, and I have the slightest idea why.  This depression is so prevalent today, and I can’t muster up the strength to even fight it or hide it.  I keep telling myself, “Keisha, just get over yourself and snap out of it.” If only it were that easy.  I feel as if I am at war with myself…like the person I am and the person I know I should be are at war.  They are trying to kill each other, and neither is ready to surrender.  I don’t know which one is winning right now, but I am so tired of the up today, down tomorrow cycle.  I am tired of ME!  

Read more...

1 comment:

  1. the read more link is not working but what little i read has me feeling like you looked at me and read my heart.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!