Thursday, June 3, 2010

Yes YOU Can!

I am the first to admit that I allowed fear to rob me of many opportunities in life. There is so much that I missed out on, quit, or never even attempted because I just knew that I'd be no good at it or simply because I was afraid to try. At least that's what I allowed fear to tell me. I thank God that He is giving me a new outlook on life and buidling my confidence in myself through Him. Growth is such a beautiful thing...

Many times, in attempting new ventures or facing tough challenges, we become overwhelmed and bogged down by insecurities. We tend to feel that we are not equipped with whatever abilities that are necessary to accomplish the task placed before us. As a result, we throw in the towel and quit. We say just forget it. There is a very familiar scripture which says, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” (Philippians 4:13) We’ve quoted this scripture to others, and ourselves, on numerous occasions. So, why is it that even with the knowledge of what God’s word says, we often fail to apply it to our own lives? We merely speak the word with our lips, while not believing the very same word in our heart. When we find ourselves faced with tough, or new challenges, we can’t allow the enemy to cause us to buckle under the pressure and begin speaking self-defeating phrases like “God, I can’t do this! This is too hard!” When things become challenging in our lives, we can’t throw Philippians 4:13 out of the window, but we have to internalize the word of God, embrace it and act upon it. Feeding into the false belief that you can’t, even before you try, will always produce negative results. If you face a challenge with the preconceived notion that you will not succeed, you are more prone to fail. Remember, “your attitude determines your altitude.” What you believe is what you’ll receive.


We can do ALL things through Christ. Whatever we set in our heart to accomplish is possible through Jesus. Psalm 37:4 (CEV) says, “Do what the Lord wants, and he will give you your heart’s desire.” Don’t be afraid to try. We can not allow fear to have such a grip on our mind that we abort our dreams. Fear says:
• You're not smart enough to go back to school, so don't apply.

• You're not qualified for that job, so don't go to the interview.

• You can't manage a business, stop thinking about it...etc.


But Christ says you can do ALL things. The Contemporary English Version says, “Christ gives me the strength to face anything.” All things are possible if you apply yourself and believe. “Faith without works is dead.” (James 2:20) You must do your part! Then, depend on God to do what you can’t do; God helps those who first help themselves. Never allow anyone, including yourself, to convince you that you CAN’T, because as long as you live a life pleasing to God, YOU CAN!! Why? Because God’s word says so, and his word will not return void: “So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.” (Isaiah 55:11, CEV)

Tell yourself, Yes I can, yes I will be all that God says I can be because all things are possible through Christ. Sure, it sounds cliché, but God is waiting to help you reach your highest potential. When you feel like you can’t, lift up your eyes to the hills from whence cometh your help (Psalm 121:1) and allow God’s word to be your assurance.

Will you trust God enough to believe that you can achieve whatever you purpose in your heart to accomplish?

Til we meet again...

Live more...worry less...laugh often!

Your sister in Christ,
Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!