Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's A Good Pain

A few weeks ago, I decided that I wanted to put my desire to drop about 20 lbs and become a bit healthier into action.  I joined a fitness studio!  I've been working out regulary for the past three weeks.  Now, for someone who hasn't exercised in years (I know, shame on me) you can imagine my plight.  A good ten minutes into cardio and I'm huffing, puffing, sweating and ready to quit.  After every  workout, I am bound to feel pain...my arms, legs, calves and abs are so sore that it hurts to even walk! Everytime a pain hits, I quietly tell myself "It's a good pain...it'll be worth it in the end."

This morning I woke up to a bit of soreness.  My muscles in every place are aching!  "Why do I have to be so sore?"  I thought to myself.  Then it dawned on me...though my muscles are a part of my body, I haven't really used them in years.  They've pretty much been asleep, but now they're being awakened, or coming alive, by the intense exercising. 

That got me thinking...I wonder what intense pain has God dropped in your life to wake up some things within you?

There are some things God placed within you that you have allowed to lie dormant and in order for Him to take you to your place of purpose, He's got to wake up the greatness inside of you.   There is some strength and courage inside of you that God needs you to discover. 

Perhaps you're experiencing a bit of spiritual or emtional pain.  Don't fret or throw in the towel because pain pushes you to purpose when it's orchestrated by God.  Your tears and sleepness nights are all for your good.  Yes, it hurts right now, but the outcome of it all is a better you and anything that serves to make you better is always a good thing.  Though the pain may feel unbearable at times, always remember that God will not put more on you than you can bear.  When you feel like giving up and calling it quits and find yourself spiritually exhausted, remind yourself that it's a good pain and it'll all be worth in the end.

If you need an extra boost of strength all you have to do is lift up your eyes to the hills from whence cometh your help; your help cometh from the Lord which made heaven and earth! (Psalm 121:1)

Live more...worry less...laugh often!

Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!