Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Thirst Quencher

Happy Thursday, everyone! In my last post, I shared how I was feeling a bit out of sorts.  I'm happy to say that, after a few days of communing with God, I'm back on track and ready to go full speed ahead.  The enemy thought he was going to keep me down, but the devil is a liar! Nope...not gonna happen!!

Moving right along...

Monday morning, I walked into my office to find my plant had withered over the weekend.  The leaves were slumped over the pot and there were no signs of life.  Although I already knew what the problem was, I touched the soil and immediately noticed that it was completely dry. "I forgot to water my plant" I thought to myself.  So, before I got started on my things-to-do list, I scooped up my baby and ran to the water.  Within an hour or so, my plant was full of life.  It needed that water...badly!

This made me think about how so many Christians find themselves just like my plant...withered, lifeless and thirsting for living waterJust like a plant's soil needs to be watered on a regular basis in order to maintain life, so does your soul require regular watering to maintain your spiritual life.  Even the human body needs water to stay hydrated.  Oftentimes, I find myself feeling a bit lethargic and all it takes is a tall glass, or two, of water to perk me up.  So, How do you water your soul? I'm glad you asked!

God is our fountain...the ultimate thirst-quencher.  It takes daily communication with Him through prayer, praise and worship to be sure that your spirit-man doesn't wither.  When you continuously pour out to God, He continuously pours in to you. 

One thing I have found to be true is that when I find myself feeling down in the dumps, I can always go to God in prayer and He, in turn, lifts my spirit...much like when I took my plant to the water hydrant and it's stems quickly sprung up.  God can replinish your thirsty soul.  He is the living well that never runs dry.

You should always thirst for Christ, because without His presence in your life, you shall surely wither.

There's a song that comes to mind:
Fill my cup, Lord
I lift it up, Lord
Come and quench this thirsting in my soul
Bread of Heaven feed me til I want no more
Fill my cup, fill it up, and make me whole

Til next time...

Live more...worry less...laugh often!

Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!