Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's Been A Year...

Today I'm so excited!! Divine Words was birthed one year ago today! I can't believe it's been a year already!

Apprehensive and unsure of how I'd be accepted, I decided to obey the voice of the Lord, and venture out in writing.  

Although writing has always been second nature to me, I never really connected it to being a part of God's purpose for my life. 

Others would often tell me that I was gifted to write.  Though I thought it was a nice compliment, I never really believed it.  So, because I didn't believe in the gift that God had given me, I never used it...at least not for His glory.  I'd write in my journal, or for my job, but that was about it.

A few years ago, I met someone who became a great friend and mentor.  God used her as an instrument to help me discover my passion for writing, and to encourage me into accepting my talent as a gift from God, designed to be used for His glory.  I am eternally grateful for the way God used my friend to push me into purpose.  She encouraged me time and time again to obey God, get the ball rolling, and start blogging.

And I'm so glad I did.  Though it started off a bit rocky, and I didn't have very many readers, I know that this is indeed God's mandate on my life - to use the gift that He has entrusted to me as a means of sharing His love and message of hope with others.  All for His glory.

I am always humbled whenever I get a comment or email from someone about how the blog serves as a blessing to their life.  This assures me all the more that I am doing what God has instructed me to do.

Here I am, a year later...the blog is still going strong, I'm a columnist for EEW Magazine (WOW!!!!!!!!), and God has given me great vision for expansion of the writing ministry.

I love to write!  And what I love even more is that I am able to share the message of Christ through writing to encourage and inspire others.  That's what it's all about for me - That others will be uplifted, and Christ will be glorified.

I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to those of you who faithfully follow the blog, and the column in EEW.  Thank you tremendously for your support, prayers, and encouragment.  Keep me lifted as I continue to yield to God's call upon my life.  I pray that whatever God chooses to do through me will be a continued blessing to your life.

I love you all SO MUCH!!

Don't be afraid to step out, even when you're fearful, if you know that God has called you to purpose.  You will not regret it.

Til we meet again...live, laugh, love!

Peace & Blessings,
Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!