Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Discover Your Purpose

Happy Wednesday!  I pray that you and your loved ones are well, and you are passionately pursuing God's purpose for your life.

A couple of nights ago, I was watching TBN's Praise the Lord.  On this particular episode, comedian and radio personality, Steve Harvey was the host and keynote speaker.  I watched most of the show, though I fell asleep towards the end of his message.  There was one statement he made that really stuck with me.  He said, "There are two very important days in your life - the day you were born, and the day you discover why."  That was very profound to me, because though we all know the day we were born, many of us never discover why...we never figure out God's purpose for our lives.

When God created each of us, He had a specific purpose in mind for us.  We all have a unique purpose, and no one has the capability to fulfill it besides the one person it was created for.  Sadly, many of us spend our entire lives feeling that our life has no meaning, and there is no plan for us.  I can definitely relate to that feeling.  It was just recently in my late twenties that God began to reveal His plan of purpose for my life. 

Today, I want you to know that God has a special purpose for your life.  However, the only way to discover why you were born is to immerse yourself in the Lord, and ask Him to show you your identity in Him.  By doing so, He will eventually awaken you to your life's purpose.  You were not created just because...you were not a mistake...you are not a cast away.  You were purposely created with a specific purpose in mind.

Seek God for His plan for your life, and once He begins to reveal it to you, pursue it with passion.  You don't have to wonder or ponder whether or not your life has purpose, you simply have to discover it!

Til we meet again...live, laugh, love!

Peace & Blessings,
Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!