Thursday, April 14, 2011

I Give Myself Away...

"Then Jesus went to work on his disciples. "Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You're not in the driver's seat; I am." (Matthew 16:24, Message Bible)

I'm not really the type of person that needs to be in control.  I have a pretty passive personality, and I honestly don't mind following someone else's instructions, as long as I know I can trust them.  More often that not, I am perfectly fine with sitting on the passenger's side, or even taking the back seat. I know how to go with the flow.

As God has begun to reveal His plan of purpose for my life, I have found myself trying to control what I will and won't surrender to.  When God tells me to do XYZ, because I don't necessarily feel comfortable doing it, I will tell God, how about I do X, but not YZ? Or maybe I can just do ABC.  I have been so guilty of trying to make God compromise with me.  Sounds crazy, right?  Yeah, I know...

As I've spent time in prayer and meditation this week, God has shown me just how controlling I have tried to be when it comes to following Him and walking in His will for my life.  He helped me to realize that it is absolutely impossible to follow Him while trying to lead at the same time.  I woke up this morning with a song on my heart that says, "I give myself away so You can use me..."   And all I keep hearing the Lord saying to me is SURRENDER.

Right before I was about to finish up this post, I was led to go to Daily Cup of Inspiration where my favorite blogger, Dianna Hobbs, blogged about the exact same thing the Holy Spirit has been speaking to me all day.  I love it when God speaks to my spirit, then confirms it.  I love Him so much.  My greatest desire is to allow God to have full control in my life.  I am not in the driver's seat...He is.  I am encouraged all the more to submit my all to Him, and trust Him to lead me through life.  I am saying whenever, wherever, whatever, however...Lord I am Yours.

I know sometimes we think we know what's best for us, but the truth of the matter is that we don't have a clue.  The only way that we can fully be used by God is if we are totally surrendered to His way.  We must relinquish all control, and take a back seat, allowing Him to lead the way. Afterall, His way is the best way, and His will is the perfect plan for our lives. 

Join me in trusting God to lead the way, and follow Him along the path of purpose.  Throw your hands up in surrender and say, Lord I give myself away to You; have complete control in my life.

Til we meet again...live, laugh, love!

Peace & Blessings,
Keisha

2 comments:

  1. Oh sis, a very timely word for me! Amen and Amen! I JUST told a friend of mine yesterday that I finally decided to tell God "YES" about something in particular. This was right on time!

    Hugs,
    Kennisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis LaKeisha, thank you for allowing God to use you in this manner. Thank you for speaking the truth on this matter and sharing it with us as each of us must come to this point in our journey with Him. Thank you for lifting Him up so clearly. Blessings on you,

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!