Wednesday, April 20, 2011

God Is Faithful

I love my mom, Jackie.  She's such a vibrant, God-fearing, people-loving person. 

Early this morning, as I was praying for a friend's mom who is currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer, my mind drifted back to a time when I was in my friend's shoes. My mom wasn't battling cancer, but a sickness that doctors couldn't quite put their finger on.

Back in 2008, my mom underwent double bypass surgery due to congestive heart failure.  Though the surgery was pretty serious, the Lord brought her through it just fine and she seemed to be in perfect health afterwards.  But then all of a sudden, something began to go terribly wrong in her body. 

For two years, I watched my mom suffer indescribable pain and suffering.  There were times she'd spend months in the hopsital, and doctors could never give us any answers.  She went through periods when she could not do anything for herself.  She needed 24-hour care.  Many times I honestly believed that I was going to lose my mother.  Though I trusted God and tried to always hope for the best, the situation looked so bad that deep down inside I was preparing my mind to plan my mother's funeral.

I watched my mother lose her strength, her vibrant personality, and her ability to be the amazing helper that she loved to be to others, but one thing I never witnessed her lose was her faith in God.  She never lost her hope.  She suffered greatly, and as much as she may have wanted to give up and die, her faith and hope kept her fighting.

It's been about eight months since my mom has had any sign of sickness, besides the common cold.  She's back to her vibrant self, and has full capability to completely care for herself.  God healed her...completely.  He gave her her life back, and snatched her out of the enemy's grip of death.

Her one wish was for God to keep her around so that she could be a great grandmother to her grandchildren.  My boys absolutely adore their grandmother, and she adores them.  Well, God granted her wish, and she does not miss a weekend with the two of them, if she can help it. 

The one thing I absolutely love about God is that He is so faithful, and He honors the prayers of the righteous.  Prayer was all my younger sister and I had to get us through that tough season.  Everytime I see my mom, I am reminded of the goodness, grace, and mercy of the Lord. 

Just as God brought my mother through her sickness, I have complete confidence that He will do the very same thing for my friend's mom.  And He will give their family the strength they need to stand strong during this difficult season.

No matter what we may face in life, God is able to turn things around.  Though the enemy may use things for our demise, God is always right there working it out for our good.  He's just that kind of God!

So hold on to your hope and faith, and trust that God is always faithful to perform His word.

Til we meet again...live, laugh, love!

Peace & Blessings,
Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!