Monday, October 3, 2011

Don't Be Afraid

Hi guys!! I'm back! Did you miss me? I missed blogging soooo much over the past 2 months. 

OK, so let me bring you up to date.

As those who follow the blog know, I recently gave birth to a beautiful, healthy 7lb 11oz baby boy.  On August 24th our third son, Jorden Alexander, graced our family with his presence.  It was such a joyous day. He's two days shy of 6 weeks, and is such a precious blessing. Though he, along with his two older brothers, keep me very busy, my husband and I are so thankful for our little blessings. 

Now that I've taken some time to transition into this new season of my life, I am rejuvenated, refreshed, and ready to jump back into sharing Christ-inspired words of love and life with you. 

So let's get to it!

Everyone who knows me personally, knows that I am not a talker. I'm very quiet and shy.  I barely even talk on the phone...and when I do, it usually consists of the other person doing 90% of the talking. You won't hear me adding my two cents in a conversation, and you'll never catch me doing any public speaking.  In fact, when it comes to public speaking I AM TERRIFIED.

My heart races, and feels as if it's going to jump out of my chest.

My palms become clammy.

My body temperature rises.

My voice trembles.

I become a total mess! It's so funny...well not at the time...but when I look back, I have to laugh at myself.

I have been this way for as long as I can remember. Though I can definitely attribute my fear of speaking to childhood events, as an almost-30 year old woman I can no longer allow myself to use that as an excuse. And after recently turning down two opportunities to speak to a group of women (Which I felt horrible about.), I went to the Lord for answers.

I decided to seek the Lord, because I began to feel that there is obviously something He wants me to share with His people, beyond using my gift of writing (Which I prefer!).  And because I have yielded my life to the will of the Lord, I never want to allow my fears to hinder me from living out His purpose for my life.  Amen?

Since I know the spirit of fear does not come from the Lord (See 2 Timothy 1:7) I automatically knew that this had Satan written all over it. He loves to make us feel too afraid to be about the things of God, in an effort to ultimately cause us to abort our purpose.  But he's a liar.  When I first decided to use my gift of writing for the Lord, the enemy would make me feel like I couldn't do it.  He would tell me that I wasn't good enough, I didn't qualify, and no one would be interested in anything I had to say.  And whenever I'd write, he'd fight me so hard, and try to make me give up. But I kept my eyes on the Lord, because I knew writing was what He called me to do. 

Now that God is ready to push me into a higher dimension in Him, and reveal more of His plan of purpose for my life, which happens to involve using my voice, the enemy is standing right at the front door trying to intimidate me and make me run in the opposite direction.  But I rebuke Him.  I will not allow the enemy's fear of my God-given anointing to cause me to buckle at the knees and run away from what God has in His plans for me. Nope, I won't do it.  Because I know that God qualifies those who He calls, and He will give me the courage to carryout anything He sets before me.

Jeremiah 1:4-9 has been embedded in my spirit for weeks, and has greatly ministered to me.

When I look within myself and my own abilities, I will never be able to do what God has called me to; however, when I commit my ways to the Lord, I can do all things.  I now have a new found YES ringing down in my soul. Despite how I may feel in my flesh, my spirit is ready and willing to be all about my Father's business, no matter what I have to do...or say.

Whatever it is that the Lord is calling you to do, despite your fears, do it. You know why?  Because it's not about us.  It's all for the glory of God. And I don't know about you, but I'm willing to do anything for His glory.

Will you join me in overcoming your fears, and going all out for the Kingdom? Don't be afraid.

By the way, be on the look out for my video blog coming SOON!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Love you,
Keisha

1 comment:

  1. Yes and Amen, sis!!!!! I am just WAY too excited about what the Lord is doing in your life sis. And I know many more amazing adventures are ahead!

    I know exactly how you feel. I still freeze up a bit before sending a business email or making a business phone call. But I'm so thankful the Lord gives us the courage to step out in faith. He truly does soothe our doubts and calm our fears. Amen and Amen!

    Great word of encouragement, sis!!!

    Love and Hugs,
    Kennisha

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!