Thursday, October 20, 2011

For A Special Friend...

Today I'd like to use the blog to show a little love to someone very special to me, Dianna Hobbs.

Back then, I had no idea who she was.  I had no idea that she'd become my covenant sister, and one of my dearest friends.  All I knew is that I was glad that I'd somehow stumbled upon her blog.  At the time, I wasn't even into reading blogs, but something about her words kept me coming back for more.  I was captivated by her words. Each time I read a blog post, I felt as if she knew me...like she knew exactly what I was going through.  Her words pierced my heart, and spoke to my pain. They consoled me, and gave me hope.  Everytime I logged on to her site, I left with an overflowing cup of God's love.

The more I read her blog, the more I began to feel drawn to her...connected to her somehow. I had no idea who she was, yet I felt compelled to pour my heart out to her, and I never open up to people I don't know.  And all I knew about her was her name.  But everytime I reached out to her, she was always gentle, and genuine, in her response.  I appreciated that.

At that time, what I didn't know is that I felt so drawn to her because God had already destined her to play a vital role in my life.  He had spiritually connected us long before we ever knew one another existed.

Over the years, she has consistently inspired me. It takes more than just the average person to make any kind of impact in my life, and I can see why God chose her to be that person for me.  She's genuine, sweet, compassionate, and full of wisdom.  I can't even begin to tell you how much of a difference she's made in my life, but I will say that I am a better person because of her.

She laughs with me; cries with me; prays with me; rejoices with me...she's a light that shines so bright, and I am thankful that God divinely connected us.  And with all that God has used her to plant in my life, I'm even more thankful that I'm able to pay it forward.

Aren't divine connections the best?!  I just love how God orchestrates our lives. Don't you?

So, to my dear friend from across the miles, my sweet sister, this post is for you.  For all that you are...for all that you do...I love you to itty, bitty pieces!!  You're the best!

1 comment:

  1. Yep. God's plans are not what we think at times. They can be very unusual. There are divine connections. May God continue to bless you!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!