Tuesday, October 4, 2011

In Spirit and Truth Pt. 1

This morning during my quiet time with th Lord, I opened my Bible, and my eyes immediately fell on John 4:23-24.

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

When it comes to worship, the is the #1 scripture quoted in churches, or by Christians in general.

Well, the Lord would not allow me to move beyond verse 24, so I knew there had to be something He wanted to reveal to me through this familiar scripture.  So I stilled myself before the Lord, and asked Him to open my heart so that I could receive the understanding and wisdom of His word.

As I meditated on His word, the Lord began to speak to me. I will share with you what the Holy Spirit shared with me.

When it comes to worship, God is specific about what He wants.  He wants true worshippers to worship Him in spirit and truth.  He does want us to offer Him any old form of worship.  Jesus clearly states that we MUST worship in spirit and truth, and tells us that these are the worshippers His Father seeks.

So how do we worship Him in spirit and truth?

To worship God in spirit and truth simply means that we worship Him in honesty from our hearts, and we do so according to His holy word.  To worship Him from the heart, we must first love Him with all of our heart.  As a matter of fact, this is the first commandment, according to Mark 12:30,

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.


If we do not love Him with every ounce of our being, it is impossible to truly worship Him.  God seeks for worship from our heart, because this is the part of us that connects us to His spirit. Beyond what we say or do, God knows our heart like no other.

Loving God with all of our heart, mind, soul, and strength provokes us to honor Him with our daily lives. When we purposely uphold His commandments, walk according to His statutes, and allow Christ to shine through us in all that we do, in order to glorify Him, and Him alone, we worship Him in spirit...because it comes from our heart.

A true worshipper lives a surrendered life; a life that is dedicated to the will of the Lord each and every day. A true worshipper does not only fall on their knees before the Lord when things are going bad in their lives, but they lay prostrate before the Lord simply to honor and reverence Him, out of their love for Him. 

You see, it's not the 15 minutes of worship on Sunday morning while the praise team is singing a slow song that defines the type of worship God seeks. Don't get me wrong, He loves it when we come together corporately to offer up our praise and worship. However, more than that, He loves it when we don't have to be prompted, pumped, or primed to offer worship to Him. He wraps Himself in our worship when it's authentic, and comes from the depths of our hearts.

I want God to dwell in my worship.

Our lives should be a constant form of worship to our Father...in spirit and truth.  Examine your worship. Is it the worship the Father seeks?

Thanks for stopping by!

Love you,
Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!