Friday, December 3, 2010

Control Your Response

Today has been quite a day!!

I was purposely insulted and disrespected (First behind my back, then directly in my face!), and so upset to point that I could have blown steam from my ears.  I was ready to go ALL the way OFF!  So, when it came time to address the issue, guess what I did?  I lost my cool and let them have it!!  I whispered a little prayer, and got my point across while maintaining my composure and wearing a smile.  By the end of the meeting, they were apologizing.

I'm typically very calm and cool, but there are times when my temperature definitely rises.  In those times, though I could become angry and allow my emotions to drive me, I try to always maintain christian character and control the way I respond to problems.  I believe there is a graceful way to handle any situation.

It's not always easy to take the high road when someone rubs you the wrong way, and initially it may seem like a good idea to go tit for tat, but when you really think about it, it's pointless.  And at the end of the day, as a  Christian, you will be seen as the one who should've known better.

There will definitely be times when you will feel angry and upset, that's not the issue.  What matters is your response to those feelings.  No matter how something or someone may anger me, or you, I believe that we possess the ability to control the way we respond in any given situation, and we are to exemplify Christ in all things, at all times.

Today's upset taught me that though I may feel like rounding up the troops and going to war, I don't have to act on impulse and end up regretting losing my cool.  Instead, I can pray about it and, and allow the Holy Spirit that dwells within me to take control and help me to choose a better response.

Til we meet again...live, laugh, love!

Peace & Blessings,
Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!