Monday, December 6, 2010

The Serenity in Silence...

I am a naturally quiet person, and I enjoy silence.  Too much noise for a long period of time, and I'm itching for some quiet time.  I try to make sure I get some quiet time in every night before going to bed.  It's that time when my husband and sons are asleep, the TVs are off, cell phone and computer is powered down, and it's just me and God...in complete silence.  Some people tell me that too much silence makes them feel weird, but for me it's one of the most relaxing and refreshing times of my day.  Without my quiet time, I feel often flustered and frustrated.

There is something about the serenity of silence that calms, soothes, and relaxes me. It's in those times that I talk to God with my heart, and I feel the sweetness of His embrace.  Ahhhh...so refreshing.  Who needs the spa?!

When my days are crazy, and my thoughts are overwhelming, I can always steal away to a quiet place, light a few candles, and relax in Christ.   Such rejuvenation.

Life can often be a bit noisy, so today I encourage you to find a quiet place and enjoy the silence.  No TV, phone, computers, music...nothing.  Just complete silence.  I bet you'll feel so refreshed afterwards.

Til we meet again...live, laugh, love!

Peace & Blessings,
Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!