Monday, December 13, 2010

Doesn't Matter What They Say...

I work with troubled teenagers.  I never really considered myself as someone who would enjoy working with children, especially those deemed troubled, but I absolutely love it.  It is quite fulfilling to me to have the opportunity to make even the slightest difference in a child's life, particularly those who have been counted as nothing more than a mere statistic.  Some of them have been told that they'll never amount to anything.

I can remember a time in my life when I felt that I was just a nobody, and my life had no meaning.  That is one of the worst feelings in the world.  I thank God for how He has transformed my mind, and is showing me that He has divine purpose for my life.

I pray that I can help the teenagers I work with to believe that there is great purpose for their lives, and inspire them to be the best that they can be, no matter what odds are stacked against them.  I want them to know it doesn't matter what they say, because God always has the final say.  And He is capable of taking every wrong in our lives and make it right.

Just because you've made a few wrong turns does not mean you are incapable of getting on the right path.  You have the power to rise above any statistic or stereotype that has been thrown your way.

I encourage you to trust that God has a plan of purpose for your life, and commit to doing all that you can in making strides towards becoming a better you.

Forget about the naysayers; their words hold no merit.

Til we meet again...live, laugh, love!

Peace & Blessings,
Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!