Monday, August 9, 2010

Covered By The Blood

This morning as I was on my way home from dropping my son, Joey, off for his first day of 2nd grade, I was having my usual morning talk with God.  My talk suddenly changed from giving God thanks to pleading the blood of Jesus.  I began pleading the blood over my home, husband, children, and even the car I was driving.  Little did I know that only a few seconds after ending my blood pleading session, that I would need that same blood to cover me in an instant. 

I was sitting at a red light with my 1 year-old son in the back seat, securely strapped in his car seat.  Usually when a light turns green I wait about 3 seconds before taking off, just in case a car decides to speed through the changing light.  Well, this morning I was in a bit of a hurry.  So when the light turned green, with no delay, I put my foot on the gas.  But, my truck didn't move.  Before I could even put my foot on the gas again, I looked up to see that a car had ran the red light at an alarming speed.  The car that was next to me had taken off when the light turned green and almost collided with the car that ran the red light.  All I could hear was screeching tires.  "Oh my God...thank you Jesus!"  I said out loud while holding my chest.  Had I taken off when the light initially turned red, my baby boy and I probably would have been in a horrible accident.  But thank God for the blood of Jesus!!!  It covered, protected and preserved the life of my son and I.

As I was thanking God for His divine protection, the story of the Passover in the Old Testament came to mind, in which the firstborn of every family was doomed to die. The Israelites were instructed by God to place the blood of a lamb on their doorposts, so that the plague of His judgment would “pass over” their houses.  One scripture stuck out in my mind:

“Now the blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you..." (Exodus 12:13)

The Isrealites were God's chosen people and God's always protects His people.  We are God's chosen generation and we are covered by His blood.  Being covered by the blood ensures that we are safe from destruction by the enemy's hand.  Yes, the devil will try to destroy us and he may even hurt us in the process, but because the blood of Jesus is our shield, he can not prevail.

We should never take lightly the power of the blood of Christ.  It is the blood that washes and makes us white as snow.  It's the blood that heals all manner of disease.  It's the blood that covers and protects us from the hand of the enemy.  Nothing can prevail against the blood of Christ. 

Plead the blood of Christ over your life, your children's life, your home, your job, your finances, your marriage...everything!  I don't know about you, but I thank God for the blood that was shed at Calvary.  As the old congregational song says:

There is power, power
wonder working power in the blood of the Lamb
There is power, power
wonder working power in the precious blood of the Lamb!

Til we meet again...live more, worry less, laugh often!

Your sister in Christ,
Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!