Wednesday, August 11, 2010

He'll Give You Rest

Last night, I had some of the best rest I've had in months.  I slept better than a baby.  No tossing and turning.  No waking up throughout the night. I had peaceful, uninterrupted rest.  I woke up feeling refreshed and rejuvenated like I had spent an entire week on a relaxing vacation filled with spa treatments.  OK, maybe not THAT rejuvenated! LOL!   It's amazing the difference a little rest can make.  To some of you this may not seem like a big deal, but for me it is.  You see, for a really long time I was in such an intense spiritual fight for my life that I absolutely could not sleep at night.  My mind and spirit would not rest; therefore, neither would my body.  Day by day I grew weary and we all know it's absolutely impossible to function at your best when you lack adequate rest.

I began to meditate on a familiar scripture that says "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)  I remember diligently seeking God for rest...rest in my mind, spirit and body.  And He has done just that - given me sweet rest.  He is a rewarder to them that diligently seek Him.

I know that we sometimes find ourselves fighting the intense storms of life, and we often become weary in the process to progress, but God is right there with arms outstreched saying My child, come...I am your resting place.  So many times we carry around our problems on our back, when, as children of God, we don't have to.  1 Peter 5:7 tells us to cast ALL of our cares upon Him because He cares for us.  Because we fail to do so, we become burdened down and burnt out.  There's a song my grandmother used to sing around the house when I was a little girl entitled What A Friend We Have in Jesus that I often find myself singing. Part of that song says:

Oh what peace we often forfeit; Oh what needless pain we bear
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer

I didn't understand that song as a little girl, but do I ever now! 

You don't have to feel exhausted while you're being groomed for greatness because we serve a great, big God that specializes in handling great, big problems.  You don't have to worry, you don't have to fret, you don't even have to lose sleep becuase God's got it all under control, no matter how out of whack things may appear.  I dare you to steal away to Him; I promise you'll find solace in His presence.

Run into His arms.  He will give you sweet, refreshing, rejuvenating rest, both naturally and spiritually, smack dab in the middle of your toughest storm.  Don't believe me?  Take Him at His word and try Him.  Afterall, His word is His bond!

Til we meet again...live more, worry less, laugh often!

Your sister in Christ,
Keisha

1 comment:

  1. Yeeeeeeaaaaah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah Speak Lord, Speak to me, Oh Speak Lord.....can't sleep at night and you wonder why, maybe god is trying to tell you something. Once Again :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!