Monday, August 30, 2010

Check Your List...

With over half of 2010 already out the door, I began reflecting on everything I said I wanted to accomplish this year. I was among the many who quoted In 2010 I'm getting it in (or was I the only one who said that?)  On the last day of December 2009, I wrote an itemized list of twenty-two things I wanted to see happen this year. I stood at the altar during my church's Watch-Night Service and placed my list before God.  There were things I'd written down that only God could do, and there were some things that just required me to do a little work, from emotional healing to dropping a few pounds.  As I read over my list today, a huge smile came across my face.  I realized that twenty of the things on my list have already been accomplished, or is in the process of being accomplished...some big, some small. Wow! I hadn't even really realized it.  Though it's had a few rough patches, with the help of God, 2010 is turning out to be one of my best years yet.  I haven't gotten the house I want, or a million bucks mysteriously deposited into my bank account (ok, that one wasn't on the list, LOL), but God has done a new thing within me and I am beyond ecstatic. And though I haven't centered my life around this list, it's great to look back and see the progress I've made, both spiritually and naturally. My personal slogan was Life begins in 2010, new life, that is.  And it has indeed been so.

I'm sure that, at the beginning of 2010, you made a list or at least had a few things in mind that you wanted to accomplish this year.  When's the last time you took a peek at your list or reflected on your thoughts for the year? Have you made progress?  If not, it's okay.  The year isn't over yet. And if you don't have a list, make one.  Afterall, Habakuk 2:2 tells us to write the vision. Put it on paper.

Pull out your list, or create one if you need to, and see what moves you've made between January and today.  If you've been a little lax or procrastinating, today is the day to get moving.  You still have time to make 2010 your best year yet.  Don't give up on your dreams or goals just because a little time has passed you by...the good thing about dreams is that they live on until you accomplish them.  You still have time to develop a closer relationship with Christ, jumpstart that business, enroll in school, lose 20 lbs, start writing that book you've been dreaming about...whatever it is, get to it.

Today, I encourage you to get moving.  And if you're already on the ball, then keep on pushing until you get where you're trying to go. In all things, never forget that although we may create our own list, God has the masterplan.  So acknowledge Him always and allow Him to direct your path.

Til we meet again...live more, worry less, laugh often!

Your sister in Christ,
Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!