Monday, August 16, 2010

Press Your Way

Blogging has not at all come easy for me today.  I began a post about five hours ago, only to find myself stuck and unable to move forward with what I had orignally planned to write.  After becoming frustrated and developing a headache, I made a quick decision to just forget it and try again Wednesday.  But, something deep within me just wasn't satisfied with not posting anything today.  Not because I simply love to write, but because this is an assignment from God and I promised Him that, as long as I could help it, I would not allow anything to get in the way of me living out His divine purpose for my life. 

You see, when you truly love God your earnest desire is to please Him. And when He has mandated you to carry out a specific assignment, it doesn't really matter much how you feel or what obstacles get in your way, you yet have a responsibility to press your way through and do whatever it is He has instructed you to do.

The problem with many of us is that as soon as a little adversity comes our way, we are quick to quit. We make excuses like:
  • Maybe it's just not meant for me to do this.
  • Maybe I'll try again another time.
  • Maybe it wasn't really God who spoke to my heart and told me to do this...
Maybe, maybe, maybe... But, do we ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, God is using what we see as adversity to test our true faithfulness to Him?  He just may be testing the true extent of our love for Him.  Because if we truly love Him, we will always seek to please Him in every way possible.  And it pleases God when we are obedient to His call upon our lives whether it comes easy to us or not.

Today, I encourage you to press your way to your destiny so that you may fulfill the calling upon your life.  Whatever it is God has mandated you to carry out, do it.  Things aren't always going to flow easy, but if you just press your way things will definitely come together.  Don't allow anything - big, small, tangible or intangible - to keep you from pleasing your God. 

I'd like to leave you with some of the lyrics to a song entitled Do What He Said that says:

You've gotta do it if He called you to it
Don't make no excuses, take hold of your destiny
You're anointed and you've been appointed
Don't you give up on it, fulfill your calling

Til we meet again...live more, worry less, laugh often!

Your sister in Christ,
Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!