Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Laugh...It's Good For You!

A cheerful heart is good medicine... Proverbs 17:22


Hey guys!! Thanks so, so much for stopping by the blog today.  It warms my heart everytime I get a comment about how the blog is being a blessing to your life, and I give God all the glory and praise for allowing me the opportunity to reach out and touch His people.  Keep me lifted in prayer as I continue to go forth in Him.

Today, I don't want to talk about problems, trials, tribulations, setbacks, upsets, disappointments, struggles or anything that weighs us down.  Not to make light of what anyone may be going through, but today I just want to lighten your heavy heart and invite a little laughter in.

So many of us go through day-to-day life feeling burdened down, angry, snappy, bitter and wearing a chip on our shoulder, and we never take the time to smile, laugh, be carefree and enjoy the simple pleasures in life.  One thing I love about being a mother to young children is that they are almost always filled with such joy and laughter.  The simplest things make them laugh and they help to fill my heart with such cheer.

I made up in my mind that I spent enough days feeling down and out, and everyday I would find a reason to laugh.  I allowed such a huge cloud of heaviness to hover me for so long that I'd forgotten how much of a dorky goofball I am!!  These days, I'm embracing my inner silly and loving every moment of it!

Not every moment in our lives has to be spent being serious...it's perfectly okay to laugh a little every now and then.  Laughter is healing to your mind, body, soul and spirit.  Even scripture tells us that there is a time to laugh.  Today, I encourage you to make it a habit to be a bit more cheerful and belt out a few good laughs as much and as often as you possibly can.  Not only will it lighten your heart, but it just may help lighten someone else's heart.  So, go on and have a good laugh...you know you want to!! Click here for information on how a little cheer can make a big difference.


Here's a little something to get you started! :-D

2 comments:

  1. "Get him off me God, JESUS!!!..."
    How creative. sometimes when we go through we do forget to laugh and be silly.
    good rea, stephanie m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the video. A laugh is always good. God bless

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!