Monday, October 11, 2010

Don't Move Until You're Sure

Lately, God has been tugging at my heart to make some changes.  Some changes I've already made and some I'm in the process of making. I have felt such a push to make a move in a particular area of my life, but it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me, in the fact that there are some missing pieces to the puzzle.  Though I'd already decided to seek God and wait for clarity, last evening I emailed a dear friend about it.  Not knowing that she'd been in my position before, she gave me some very sound advice.  She said:

"...if you don't know with 100% certainty, and you don't see clear provision for that decision, don't make a move."

She shared with me how, at one point in her life, she jumped ahead of God when she believed that He was calling her to make some changes.  Her premature move turned out to be a huge mistake, and it took her and her family quite some time to recover from it.

Though I want to adhere to God's plan for my life, I never want to become so overly excited and eager to walk in His purpose for my life that I jump ahead of His plan, and end up with a disastrous mess on my hands.  I am so grateful for the advice my friend shared with me in her email, because it encouraged me all the more to not make a move until I am absolutely sure that this is a move indeed divinely orchestrated by God, and clear provision is set in place.

When you believe God is leading you to do something, it's easy to become antsy and feel that you're ready to hit the ground running, but it is so very imperative that you seek God for clear direction and provision to support your decision.  Until you're absolutely sure that you're sure, it's best that you don't make a move.

The last thing you want to do is jump ahead of God, and end up dealing with a major setback.  Whether in business, relationships, investments or any other area, don't move on what you feel you're being led to do until everything is crystal clear.  Yes, faith is believing in what you don't necessarily see, but foolish faith is like driving a car blindfolded...you're bound to crash. Pray for clarity, and wait until you receive it.

Til we meet again...live, laugh, love!

Peace and Blessings,
Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!