Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's Suffocating You...

Last night my son, Jaxon, had trouble breathing through his nose.  This caused a problem for him, because he absolutely refused to take his pacifier out of his mouth. *Note to self:  My next child will not use a pacifier.* With his nose completely stopped up, and his mouth plugged, you can imagine how irritable he became with not being able to breath properly.  I don't think I slept a wink last night.

In his little mind, he didn't understand that by removing the pacifer, he'd be able to breath a little better.  All he knew is that he wanted his paci, and even if it meant he couldn't breath, he was not letting it go.  Because of this, he had a very rough night...and so did I. 

As adults, we can be just like little Jaxon, refusing to let go of things that keep us from breathing...only difference is that we know better.  Because we grow so accustomed to and dependent upon something, or someone, we refuse to let it go even knowing it's a hindrance.

As a result we suffer, and it affects those who sincerely try to help us.

Ask yourself, what am I holding on to that I know I need to let go?  Whatever it is that is suffocating you, I encourage you to take steps in letting it go.  Don't hold on to it another day, because it's sucking the life out of you.

Free yourself so that you can breath again.  As for Jaxon, join me in praying that pacifier spirit off of him! LOL!!

Til we meet again...live, laugh, love!

Peace and Blessings,
Keisha

1 comment:

  1. This was awesome Keisha my oldest son was addicted to his pacifer also so i totally understand. We have to learn how to let things go no matter how much we may like it sometimes it is the best thing for us.

    Javauna

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!