Friday, October 29, 2010

It Makes Sense Now...

For the past couple of months, I've been counseling a young lady who has become very dear to my heart.  Everytime she opens up to me about things she's dealing with, it's almost as if I'm looking in the mirror.  Her struggles were once my struggles; her pain was once my pain; her story was once my story.  I talked to her a little while ago via email, and as I read what she had to say, my eyes filled with tears.  In that moment I realized that the pain and struggles I went through were all apart of God's purpose for my life, and He is now using my pain to bring healing and hope to others.

What I thought was pointless suffering has turned out to be all worth it. 

I am almost at a loss for words, because I am in complete awe of God.  My heart is overwhelmed with thanksgiving.  If you only knew how many times I wanted to give up and walk away from God because I felt that I couldn't handle the pain. And now, to be using that same pain to bring hope and healing to other women...WOW!!  It amazes me that there are women reaching out to me for help, when I often felt helpless and had no hope.

I am so humbled just knowing that God had his hand on me all those years when I was lost and confused.  When I wanted to walk away and give up, He wouldn't let me because He knew the plans He had for me down the road.  I never thought my life would make sense, but now, it does.  God was preparing me for purpose all along. 

He's connected me to some amazing people, (my purpose partners) who pray with me, and inspire, encourage, motivate, and support me along my path to purpose.  I am so thankful for those who saw the best in me when I could only see the worst.

I am completely amazed at how God continuously shows me that His hand is always present in my life.

I know, without a doubt, that God has a divine mandate on my life to inspire, encourage and uplift everyday women to know their worth, and love themselves the way Christ does.

Excuse me while I give God a praise...

Til we meet again...live, laugh, love!

Peace and Blessings,
Keisha

1 comment:

  1. Keisha, that's definitely praiseworthy. I believe that our experiences in life are not for our benefit alone.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!