Monday, October 4, 2010

Give It Time

My youngest son, Jaxon, had outpatient surgery this morning to have his adenoids removed and tubes placed in his ears.  The reason for the adenoidectomy is to help his breathing and snoring. (He snores like a grown man!)  Before leaving the Outpatient Surgery Center, the nurse explained to my husband and I that, although the problem has been rectified, it'll be at least a week before we notice any changes. "Give it time," she said sweetly.  While sitting next to Jaxon as he takes a nap, I notice that his snoring sounds worse than it was before. "My goodness" I whispered to myself, "that sure does sound bad."  But then I quickly remembered what the nurse said, Give it time.  The steps have already been made to fix the problem; I just need to be patient and wait for it to take effect.

In life, after you've prayed and prayed for God to fix a situation, it sometimes seems that instead of getting better, things become worse.  That can be so frustrating.  I know that feeling all too well.

Today, I want to encourage you to give it time.  The situation is already worked out, but you need to be patient and wait for things to shift.  Don't worry, or fret.  Just wait for the changes to take effect.  And they will...soon!

Til we meet again...live, love, laugh!

Peace and Blessings,
Keisha

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lakeisha, I'm visiting by way of Dianna's blog. The words you shared here are just what I needed to be reminded of today. Hope you're little one is soon snore-free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wanda! Thanks for stopping by. So happy to know you were blessed by this post!

    As for my little guy - we're getting there. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats good. i know that i get very discouraged in the "wait room". a thought just came to me :"is it possible to be 'content' in the "wait room"...the place that u are in while we wait for our breeak through"
    s mwafulirwa

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!