Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Everything To Me

I had planned on blogging about something else, but then I experienced a serious case of writer's block.  After a little over an hour of trying to pull the post together, I ultimately deleted it all and decided to scale back and say a quick prayer.  After I had prayed and moved on to something else, this song that's been on my heart for a few days started playing in my head.  The song is Everything To Me by Fred Hammond (one of my favorite artists).

As I was quietly singing I began to meditate on the words and meaning of the song and my heart immediately became overjoyed, because God is EVERYTHING to me. Without Him, I am absolutely nothing. I love my husband; I love my children; I love my mother; I love my friends...but none of them compare to my God. 

Can I just testify for a minute?!

You see, as much as my husband or my mother may love me, neither one of them could pick me up and restore my life when I thought all hope was gone. As much as I'd like to give credit to my alarm clock, it is nobody but God that wakes me up every morning.  Though I may think I'm in good health, it's only by the grace of God that I'm alive and well.  I don't know about you, but He is everything to me. He's my joy; my peace; my hope; my comfort; my friend; my strength; my mind-regulator; my heart-fixer; my burden bearer; my sanity; my keeper; my mighty rock; my protector; my place of shelter; my present help...I could go on for days...

So often we put too much emphasis on temporal things, but today I want you to think about just what God is to you.  Of all the things you think you can't live without, God is the one thing you can't afford to die without.

Think about it...and while you're thinking, meditate on the words to the song posted below.

Til we meet again...live more, worry less, laugh often!

Your sister in Christ,
Keisha

1 comment:

  1. Amen, amen, amen!! I think you might have had "Holy Ghost Block" so you could scrap the other one and write THIS powerful post right here! ;-) Awesome words.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!