Friday, July 23, 2010

Reach Out

As I was praying for direction in what to share today, this song by Diana Ross popped up in my mind.  You're probably thinking, now what song by Diana Ross could she possibly be talking about? It's a very simple and familiar song that says:

Reach out and touch somebody's hand
Make this world a better place if you can.

I remember being a little girl holding hands with my neighbor in church, swaying from side to side as this song was sang during the benediction, thinking that by touching someone's hand, nothing more and nothing less, I could make the world a better place. *Don't laugh at me.*

God has been dealing with me about being too reserved. I'm the quiet, stay to myself type, but God is pushing me to come out of my shell.  He's been telling me that there are people out there who need me to reach out my hand and help pull them up so that their world can become a bit of a better place.

As I've gone through life, I've come to understand the significance in reaching out for someone's hand and, in turn, touching their heart.  God has sent a few good people across my path to reach for my hand and they touched my heart in such a way that it inspired me to become a better person. If I only impact one person's life the way God has afforded me to be blessed, then my living won't be in vain.

You see, when you genuinely touch a person's heart, it inspires them to change for the better.  Love that flows from heart to heart has the potential to change a person's life.  And as one person's life is changed, the love that flowed from your heart to theirs now flows from their heart tto someone else's, and the cycle continues.  In this way the world around us becomes a much better place, one person at a time. 

Somebody is waiting for you to open your heart, reach out for their hand and help them along the way. 

Til we meet again...live more...worry less...laugh often!

Your sister in Christ,
Keisha






No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!