Monday, July 26, 2010

There's Comfort in His Arms

Last night, my little guy, Jaxon (who recently celebrated his first birthday) was on the floor playing quietly with his big brother when all of a sudden he burst out crying.  "Joey, what did you do to your brother?" I asked.  Innocently he replied, "I didn't do nothing to him. He just started crying for no reason."

I walked over to assess the situation.  I mean, why on earth is he screaming at the top of his lungs?  Surely something had to be wrong.  I checked him all over...nothing.  I offered him his sippy cup and pacifier...he didn't want either.  At that point my husband, not even looking away from the television, says "You know what he wants" and shakes his head. I roll my eyes. I reached out my arms, scooped up my little guy and held him tightly. In 3 seconds flat he was completely quiet. 

I looked at Jaxon and said "Is that all mommy's baby wanted? You just wanted to be held, huh?"  He flashed the biggest smile.  All he needed was the comfort of mommy's arms and he was just fine.  As a matter of fact, he drifted off to sleep in a matter of minutes.

There comes a time in life when all we need is the comfort of our Heavenly Father's arms.  When we find ourselves troubled, perplexed, weary and worn all we have to do is run to the Father's arms and we will find perfect comfort.  The thing I love about God is that no matter what, no matter when, He's always right there with outstretched arms, waiting to comfort us.  Safety, security and serenity are right there in His arms.  Nothing compares to being wrapped in the bosom of the one that loves you the most. 

If you find yourself feeling a bit overwhelmed by the struggles of life, take a moment to cry out to God and allow Him to wrap His loving arms around you.  It's the best place of comfort in all the world.

Til we meet again...live more...worry less...laugh often!

Your sister in Christ,
Keisha

2 comments:

  1. Awww!!!! I've learned the same thing from my kids too, Keisha. It seems there are many times when they just need a little TLC! I love this blog post! Thanks for sharing!!!

    Happy Birthday to Jaxon!!! One year already!!! Time moves so fast!

    Blessings sis,
    Kennisha

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!