Monday, July 19, 2010

Your Happy Place...

For a very long time, I spent most of my days depressed.  There was such a heavy cloud of deep sadness that always seemed to envelop me.  Yeah, I had a few happy moments, but they never seemed to last long because I'd always allow my depression to overrule. I had taken on the mentality that being happy and enjoying the blessings of life just wasn't meant for me.   I had no joy...I had no peace. My smile was rarely seen. My laughter was rarely heard.

There came a point in my life where I grew weary in carrying around such heaviness...I became tired of being depressed.  I had allowed the enemy to keep me down for far too long and enough was enough. It was then that I began to cry out to God and He, in turn, gave me a garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness that had attached itself to me. Today I can honestly say I know what it is to have joy, unspeakable joy and peace that surpasses all understanding.  Even in the midst of adversity, I can still wear a smile knowing that the joy of the Lord is indeed my strength.

Now that God has brought me to my happy place, I've made up in my mind that I absolutely refuse to allow the enemy to evict me.  My smile is shining bright and laughter has filled my heart!

You see, there comes a point when you have to make a conscious decision to not allow situations to keep you down.  Though they may be unpleasant, hard blows you cannot allow Satan to keep you down in the dumps because he will walk all over you.  He will steal your joy, your peace, your purpose, your zeal for life and the things of Christ, and your family and friends and have you all alone, thinking you have no reason to live.  He is a liar!

If you've been feeling a bit down for a while, today I encourage you to cry out to God in prayer and ask Him to destroy every yoke and lift your heavy burden.  Pray for His peace that surpasses all understanding to encompass your mind and His joy, unspeakable joy to envelop your heart and lead you to your happy place. I'm a witness He'll do it.  And once you get there, plant your feet upon Christ the Solid Rock and don't let anything move you.

Til we meet again...live more, worry less, laugh often!!

Your sister in Christ,
Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!