Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Keep Praying...It Gets Better

On last evening, during my routine quiet time, my mind went back to a few months ago when it seemed like I was caught in a whirlwind of trials...if it wasn't one thing it was ten others. I remember there was this one situation that all but sucked the life out of me. My heart was aching, my spirit was low, my mind was messed up and I was ready to call it quits on everything...no joke. I just couldn't see things becoming better and I had literally reached my breaking point.

Praying was the one thing I never strayed from, no matter how irritated, agitated and frustrated I grew. I even solicited prayer from two very dear friends, because I knew it was the only way I was going to make it through such a difficult season in my life. *Pause* Never be too ashamed or proud to ask for prayer.

Even through times of intense prayer and fasting, I still sometimes felt that things, or at least my ability to deal would never get better. But one day, smack dab in the middle of the fight, I realized that something was different...something had changed...something had actually gotten better. But what was it? I'm still in the midst of this tumultuous storm, so what could possibly be better?  It was at that moment, that God reminded me of a simple prayer I'd been praying Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things that I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.  In the midst of those prayers, God strengthened my abillity to go through. You see, I couldn't necessarily change the situations, but I could change my mindset and the way I chose to deal with difficult times. Making that adjustment has turned out to be one of the best changes I could have ever gone through. Dealing with trying times has gotten soooooooooooo much better. I can go through the storm with complete peace in knowing that my Heavenly Father is going to bring me out just fine.  *Note* The way we deal with things makes a HUGE difference in how we hold up during hard times.

Today, I want you to know that IT DOES GET BETTER.  You may not be able to change what you're going through, but with much prayer you can surely change how you go through. Granted if we had the option of skipping over trials and tribulations altogether, I'm sure we all most certainly would; however, none of us are exempt from rough patches in life. Besides, it's those times that try our faith and strength that brings out the true champion within us.

If you get nothing else out of anything I've shared today, please know that you don't have to give up...you don't have to give in...you don't have to give out because God promised that He'd see you through. Hold on and DON'T STOP PRAYING...it gets better! With God's grace you can keep on going a little longer.

Til we meet again...live more, worry less, laugh often!

Your sister in Christ,
Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!