Friday, July 16, 2010

It's Not Even Worth It

Recently, two people that I've been having recurring issues with seriously upset me.  I'm talking to the point that I was just about ready to put my boxing gloves on and go a few rounds (don't act like you've never been there). If I didn't have the Holy Ghost, things would have gotten very ugly. *waving hands in praise for the Holy Ghost* Thank ya Jesus!!! I'm a pretty calm, cool and collected type of person and I can usually just let things roll of my back, but this time I was extremely insulted, not to mention hurt.  It's not a good feeling when you're hurt by fellow believers.

For the past couple of days I've been trying to figure out how to address this situation without things being blown out of proportion, which is easy to happen when a person doesn't see their wrong. I prayed about it and God sent the answer I needed through my favorite blogger and dear friend, Dianna Hobbs and her blog, Your Daily Cup of Inspiration. Dianna said:

"...every battle is not mine to fight. Even though things may bother me at times, there are moments when I have to turn the other way and take my hands off the situation. I'm sure you can recall a time in your life when you were deeply perturbed by the actions of another, leaving you with a bad taste in your mouth. Yet, you didn't possess the power to make those involved stop what they were doing or in any way amend their ways.  During seasons like this, God reminds us of a simple but profound truth. You and I are not called to fix every problem that arises. Sometimes, we have to bite our tongue, look the other way, take our hands off, and give it over to God."

When I read this I began to think that trying to fix this situation on my own isn't even worth it, especially when I know the other parties aren't going to change. The best thing for me to do is just give it to God and let Him handle it.  Addressing it would be a waste of time...not even worth it.

There are definitely times in life when someone has wronged us and we feel the need to do something about it, but just as I was encouraged to simply give it over to God, I want to encourage you to do the same thing. There are some situations that you just can't fix...sometimes only God can do the fixing.

So don't waste your breath, don't waste your time, don't waste your energy on trying to rectify the problem yourself.  Hang up your boxing gloves because there are some battles that simply aren't worth fighting.

Til we meet again...live more, worry less, laugh often!

Your sister in Christ,
Keisha





1 comment:

  1. AMEN!

    Some things really aren't worth it, or at least not worth your time and energy trying to figure it out. Pick your battles!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!