Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Go With the Flow...

This morning, a couple of unexpected events occurred that threw me completely off my normal schedule.  A whole 45 minutes off.  Initially, I grew irritated because this meant that my whole day would be off course.  I was going to be late taking my 14 month old son, Jaxon, to the sitter, and extra late getting to work.  You should have seen me rushing this morning.  By the time I got into my truck I was hot and out of breath.  Then I realized I left the curling irons plugged up, and Jaxon's diaper bag sitting on the table. I had to run back in the house.

While running back into the house, the Holy Spirit spoke to me so calmly:  Rushing isn't going to change anything. Slow down, go with the flow and trust that everything will be just fine.  Needless to say, I slowed down, didn't speed, and though I was still a little late, everything fell right into place.  It's as if I was right on schedule all along.

Similarly, in life you will experience seasons that completely throw you off your normal schedule.  During this season you grow frustrated, irritated and agitated, because it seems as if your whole life is now off course, and there is nothing you want more than to rush through it so that things will get back to normal.

Just as the Spirit spoke to me this morning in the midst of my irritation, I am saying to you in the midst of your frustration - Rushing isn't going to change anything. Slow down, go with the flow and trust that everything will be just fine. 

I promise, if you learn to go with the flow of God's plan for your life, things will turn out just fine.  Trust His plan, and know that just because you feel that you're thrown off course, you're exactly where God wants you to be.  You will realize that you've been right on track with God's will for your life all along.

Til we meet again...live more, worry less, laugh often!

Peace and Blessings,
Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!