Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Keep In Touch...Pray Daily

Hi Divine Words family!  My heart is so overwhelmed by all of the love shown to me in the publishing of my very first article EVER in EEW Magazine!!  I have to give a big THANK YOU to my dear friend and mentor, Dianna Hobbs, for affording me such an amazing opportunity.  God's blessings are something awesome!

Now, on to today's post...

A couple nights ago, a relative that I haven't seen or heard from in about 8 years showed up unexpectedly at my mom's house.  We spent a little time reminiscing and laughing about old childhood memories, but then our conversation took a turn.  I began to bring him up-to-date on some things that had been going on within the family, informing him of family members that had passed away.  Fighting back tears, he responded "Why didn't I know about any of this?  Why didn't anyone inform me?"  My response: "You've been out of pocket. We tried, but no one could reach you." 

Though I was sorry that he had to find things out long after the fact, my conversation with him made me think about how important it is to keep in touch with God.  He is the source of our being, and without constant contact with Him, we are sure to end up misguided and confused. 

The way to stay in contact with God is through prayer. Prayer is so very vital to a relationship with Christ, and there is no way to have a meaningful relationship without it.  We should incorporate prayer into our daily life; not only when we need something from God. 

If we communicate daily with God, He will communicate daily with us.  In doing so, we will be in tune with His spirit, and His spirit will lead and guide us. 

If you've been out of pocket with God, today I encourage you to work on keeping in touch with Him.  Keep the line of communication open and active with Him.

Til we meet again...live more, worry less, laugh often!

Peace and Blessings,
Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!