Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Walk In His Will

The safest place in all the world is in the will of God.  I am learning this more and more everyday.  My prayer is to always have a heart that wants to remain in God's perfect will for my life.  I can vividly recall a time in my life when I was completely outside of God's will.  I never consulted Him about anything and didn't really care what direction He wanted me to take.  Being out of line with God caused me a lot of disappointment, heartache and failures.  As long as I walked in my will, nothing in my life turned out right.  Can we say trainwreck?!  I'm talking a hot mess!

It is so very vital that we walk in accordance with God's will for our lives, because it is only He who can truly order our steps.  I mean, sure we can try to order our own steps, but will find that the path will be full of potholes, pitfalls, dead ends, detours and roadblocks, and will only lead you back to square one.

Isaiah 55:8-9 says this:
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

So, if God's ways and thoughts are higher than ours, how is it that we think we have even the slightest clue about the direction our life should take, unless we consult Him and walk in His way?  The mistake that so many make is walking according to their own will.  If we desire to live purpose-driven lives, it is imperative that we link up with Christ and submit our will to His will.

God cannot direct us in His path if we are strolling along our own path which does not lead to Him.  You see, in His will is where we find covering, protection, direction, safety, favor, peace...outside of His will, we find just the opposite.  It is impossible to please the Lord unless you walk with Him, and unless you are in His will, you cannot walk with Him.

God has the masterplan for your life.  Not to say that just because you live according to His will that you won't experience some turbulence in your life, but one thing is for sure, His will is the absolute safest place in the whole wide world.  Today, I encourage you to relinquish your own will and give yourself over to the will of God.

Til we meet again...live more, worry less, laugh often!

Peace and Blessings,
Keisha


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!