Friday, September 3, 2010

You've Been Equipped...

Today This week has turned out to be extremely busy for me, as has the past month or so.  It seems that my plate is overflowing with obligations.  I have had moments when I wasn't quite sure if I was coming or going. At least 18 of the 24 hours in my day are spent doing something. From my 8-5, home responsibilities, ministry obligations, rush projects, personal ministry projects, caring for my mom...I'm pooped!  There just aren't enough hours in a day, or maybe my time management skills aren't up to par. 

At times, I feel a little overwhelmed by all that God has given me to do and I often feel as if I just cannot do it all.  I must admit that there are times when I'm like "God, are you sure you've got the right person?" But, of course He does.  There are specific things that He created me to carry out and no matter how overwhelmed or unsure I may feel, He has already equipped me to be successful in all that He has purposed for me.  Knowing this gives me the motivation and wherewithal I need to keep pressing forward.

I wonder, do you ever feel this way?  Do you ever feel like God has given you too much to do?  Do you question whether you'll be able to successfully handle it all?  It's natural to feel stretched and overwhelmed, but know that everything you need to handle all that God has put on your plate already lies within you.  You have been predestined for such a time as this.  You already have the strength, courage and tenacity to carry out every assignment placed before you, no matter how big or small.  All you have to do is reach up to the Father and reach inside your soul to find just what you need.  It's already in there.

Yes, it may be challenging, but know that you've got everything inside of you to make it...successfully.  No one else can do what you do, so give everything before you your all. Don't relent; don't give up; don't tire out; don't stop working; instead, keep pressing; keep praying; keep progressing. You've already been equipped. 

Enjoy your Labor Day week-end!  I'm taking a 3-day rest, so I'll see you Wednesday!

Til we meet again...live more, worry less, laugh often!

Peace and Blessings,
Keisha

2 comments:

  1. Very inspiring Keisha. Sorry this is my first time reading your blog, but I do feel you. I thank God everyday that we are financially i-ight and I don't have to work - with the childcare rates so high here in Baltimore, I'd be working just for childcare. Now that my husband is about to TDY to Korea, the stress of a toddler and a five going on six year old is going to be a challenge. God has me. Stay blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for stopping by and commenting. And yes, God does have you!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!