Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Stand On His Promises

There is a phrase that seems to be on repeat ringing in my spirit.  What is it, you ask? STAND ON HIS PROMISES.

I keep hearing it.  The more I hear it, and the more I speak it to myself and others, the more excited I become.  God's word is full of promises, and they all apply to me...and you!  And what I love about God's promises is that they are true, because He is a God that cannot lie and His word will not return to Him void.  You know the saying: If God said it, that settles it!

As I draw nigh to God, He, in turn, draws nigh to me, and His promises are being made manifest in my life day by day.  There was a time in my life when I thought that God's promises were for everyone, except me.  I felt as if I wasn't worthy of anything He promised in His word.  Truthfully, none of us are really worthy, but it's through the precious blood of Jesus that God sees us worthy of His unmerited favor.

One thing I know for sure is that if you love God with all of your heart, mind and soul, and live uprightly before Him, no good thing will be withheld from you, as long as it lines up with His word.  Oftentimes, the problem is that instead of focusing on The Promiser, we become too fixated on the promise.

Unless the God of the promise is your primary focus, the promises of God for your life will be on layaway for a little while.  Many times, we hold up our own blessings...but that's another post.

I want to encourage those of you who wholeheartedly love and live for God to stand on His promises, because they are sure to come to pass.  Every promise made to you in God's word will be made manifest in your life, and there's not a thing the enemy can do to block it.  He may try, but it won't work.

Keep the faith and don't you dare stop believing.  The promises of God are yes and amen.  They are guaranteed!

Til we meet again...live more, worry less, laugh often!

Peace and Blessings,
Keisha

2 comments:

  1. Praise God ! your article blessed me. Indeed His promises are Yes and Amen. I love the image that you used. Can I use it for a similar piece that I'm writing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Delon!

    I'm so glad this was a blessing to you. You can most definitely use the image...I don't own it. :)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. Peace and Blessings to you!